Consign with The TackHack. Make Hay.
Give your products a second life and get paid in the process.
The TackHack makes consigning your items a snap. From hunt coats to horse boots, clean out your tack box and earn up to 80% commission on your gently loved equestrian goods.
Here’s How it Works
Ship your goods to us for free using
The TackHack Consignment Kits.
Our kits arrive with everything you’ll need to get your items to us, including a prepaid return label. Once we receive your package, we’ll appraise each item and email you with a consignment offer.
You have high standards, and so do we.
The TackHack only accepts items from these top name brands.
What we will accept:
- Items that are in like-new or excellent condition
Please make sure:
- Fabric goods are freshly laundered or dry-cleaned
- Leather goods are freshly cleaned or polished
- Saddles are jumping, dressage or eventing saddles manufactured in the past ten years
What we won’t accept:
- Items with dirt, stains, rips, tears, scratches, monogramming, pilling or excessive wear
- Items with excessive horse hair or smells
- Saddles with broken or crooked trees, deep scratches, cracked leather, loose stitching or bent stirrup bars.
- Used helmets, horse blankets, halters, brushes, gloves or spurs.
- Dated items, including apparel that is older than five years, non-washable hunt coats, boots without zippers, and shirts with ratcatcher collars
Before You Ship to Us
Please note that unaccepted items will be returned at the seller’s expense or donated, so be sure to contact us with any questions before you pack your kit. We’re here to help!
Let's Talk Commissions
The TackHack Consignment Rates
|Annual Net sales||Your Commission Rate|
|All items that sell for <$200||50%|
|Annual net sales of <$5,000||60%|
|Annual net sales of $5,001–$10,000||70%|
|Annual net sales of $10,000+||80%|
|Saddle Commissions||Minimum 70%|
The Bottom Line
The more you consign with The TackHack, the more you earn.
Highlights from our Consignment Terms
- Accepted Items + Quality Requirements:We only accept items that meet our accepted brand and quality guidelines. Unaccepted items will be returned at the consignor’s expense or donated to a charity of The TackHack’s choice.
- Risk of Loss + Insurance:We carry insurance and take responsibility for your items once they are in our possession. If your item is lost, damaged or stolen while in our possession, we will treat it as “sold” and pay you a commission rate based on the item’s estimated selling price.
- Consignment Period + Return of Property:The consignment period for an item starts on the date The TackHack accepts an item for consignment and ends one year later. We will happily return your unsold items to you at any time, however please note that we will charge a $15 processing fee to return any non-saddle item and a $70 processing fee for any saddle that has been in our possession for less than 90 days.
- Pricing:The TackHack will determine the initial selling price for each item and maintains the right to apply or offer additional discounts and promotions during the consignment period without providing notice as a means to efficiently market and sell the items.
- Commission Rates:The TackHack uses a sliding commission fee scale. The more items you sell through The TackHack during a 365-day consignment period, the higher your commission rate will be during the following year’s commission period. Please refer to our commission chart for more information.
- Payments: Payments are made once per month via check and include any and all earnings from the previous month’s commission period.
- For further information please see our complete Consignment Terms & Conditions.